Make an impact as a FOH Support Staff at Porchlight!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
Porchlight is a NYC bar with Southern accent which prides itself on ensuring our guests feel at home while sipping cocktails and enjoying a bite to eat. This position actively embodies, inspires, & elevates USHG’s Family Values of Hospitality, Excellence, Entrepreneurial Spirit and Integrity.
As a valued member of our team, your compensation will include the following benefits:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- The ability to work efficiently in a high volume environment and wear many hats
- Running food, hosting, bussing would all be aspects of the job. We are a small team and being versatile is a requirement.
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Have a desire to build a base knowledge and understanding of cocktails, spirits, beer, and wine
- Derives pleasure from providing hospitality
- Curious Intelligence to continue learning in the position
- Open availability
- Experience working in a NYC bar or restaurant