The Modern restaurant at the Museum of Modern Art is seeking a
to complete their wine team.
The Modern celebrates 3 stars NYT, 2 stars Michelin, and 2016 Wine Spectator Grand Award
The Modern is part of Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group. Ideal candidates will possess a passion and enthusiasm for hospitality, wine and food as well as experience in a fine dining setting.
The Sommelier will work closely with the Wine Director, Assistant Wine Director and Front of the House team in providing superior wine service to all guests.
- Pre- and post- shift sidework, wine cellar maintenance and monthly inventory, participating in all steps of service as needed in the dining room during the shift, and assisting the wine director and assistant wine director in all aspects of the wine program.
- Preferably 2-3 years previous experience at a restaurant with similar service, guest relations and operational standards.
- Excellent knowledge of wines and wine service.
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of dining room service.
- General knowledge of food preparation methods and culinary terminology.
- Ability to work well on a team.
- Ability to assist with organizing the wine cellar, counting monthly inventory and staff wine training.
- Basic understanding of the operating systems used on a PC type computer.
About Union Square Hospitality Group:
Union Square Hospitality Group (USHG) was founded by Danny Meyer in 1985 and includes some of New York City's most beloved restaurants including Union Square Cafe, Gramercy Tavern, Blue Smoke/Jazz Standard, The Modern, Cafe 2 and Terrace 5, located at the Museum of Modern Art, Union Square Events, Maialino, North End Grill, Marta , Porchlight and Untitled and Studio Cafe at The Whitney Museum of American Art.
USHG has earned an unprecedented twenty-eight James Beard Awards, including four awards for Outstanding Wine Program.