Union Square Hospitality Group is seeking Baristas to join the team at Daily Provisions!
Our Barista must have a strong knowledge of specialty coffee, an appreciation for loose leaf tea preparation, as well as a desire to learn more about and develop their craft. Our Barista must be comfortable working with and maintaining top-of-the-line equipment such as, Synesso MVP Hydra, Mahlkonig EK43 and Nuova Simonelli Clima Pro Grinders. We will serve Forty Weight Coffee, a specialty coffee roasting company based in Ithaca, NY and teas from In Pursuit of Tea.
As a barista at Daily Provisions it is your job to make the guest feel welcome by exuding warmth and genuine hospitality. Our barista must thrive in a high volume environment, while working closely with their co-workers in a team oriented atmosphere. The Barista will also act as a cashier, so must be comfortable handling cash and performing credit transactions. This position actively embodies, inspires, & elevates USHG’s Family Values of Hospitality, Excellence, Entrepreneurial Spirit and Integrity.
- Familiarity with current trends in the specialty coffee and tea industry, i.e. origin profiles, coffee processing methods, proper espresso extraction, single origin espresso, brew ratios, nitro cold brew
- Must possess passion for coffee and ability to prepare classic espresso beverages (cappuccinos, macchiatos, cortados etc.)
- Must be comfortable dialing in espresso
- Must have the ability to pull great shots consistently (you must have pulled a shot within the last three months)
- Must have genuine interest in interacting with guests and creating regulars
- Ability to create latte art is preferred
- Must be comfortable handling cash and credit cards
- Derives pleasure from providing hospitality
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Excellent Emotional Self Awareness under pressure while maintaining a graceful, warm presence.
- Curious Intelligence to continue learning in the position
- Open availability and a career mentality
Opportunities for career growth within Union Square Hospitality Group
- Benefits package includes medical/dental/vision, paid time off, and matching 401K and more!
- Access to USHG Career Development Counselling
- Access to USHG Learning and Development Training and Enrichment opportunities