Make an impact as a Barista at Daily Provisions!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
Our Barista must have a strong knowledge of specialty coffee, an appreciation for loose leaf tea preparation, as well as a desire to learn more about and develop their craft. Our Barista must be comfortable working with and maintaining top-of-the-line equipment such as, Synesso MVP Hydra, Mahlkonig EK43 and Nuova Simonelli Clima Pro Grinders. We will serve Forty Weight Coffee, a specialty coffee roasting company based in Ithaca, NY and teas from In Pursuit of Tea.
As a barista at Daily Provisions it is your job to make the guest feel welcome by exuding warmth and genuine hospitality. Our barista must thrive in a high volume environment, while working closely with their co-workers in a team oriented atmosphere. The Barista will also act as a cashier, so must be comfortable handling cash and performing credit transactions. This position actively embodies, inspires, & elevates USHG’s Family Values of Hospitality, Excellence, Entrepreneurial Spirit and Integrity.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Familiarity with current trends in the specialty coffee and tea industry, i.e. origin profiles, coffee processing methods, proper espresso extraction, single origin espresso, brew ratios, nitro cold brew
- Must possess passion for coffee and ability to prepare classic espresso beverages (cappuccinos, macchiatos, cortados etc.)
- Must be comfortable dialing in espresso
- Must have the ability to pull great shots consistently (you must have pulled a shot within the last three months)
- Must have genuine interest in interacting with guests and creating regulars
- Ability to create latte art is preferred
- Must be comfortable handling cash and credit cards
- Derives pleasure from providing hospitality
- Excellent Emotional Self Awareness under pressure while maintaining a graceful, warm presence
- Curious Intelligence to continue learning in the position
- Open availability and a career mentality
- 1-2 years’ experience working as a barista in a restaurant or coffee shop