Make a meaningful impact as a Bartender at Manhatta!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Participation in annual bonus plan
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- A working knowledge of and the ability to execute recipes for cocktails and house-made ingredients such as syrups.
- An advanced understanding of wine, beer. classic cocktails, creative cocktails, mixology principles, and beverage pairing principles
- 1-2 years restaurant experience in a front of house or bar position
- Previous experience with restaurant point-of-sale (POS) systems
- A sense of urgency and strong work ethic to coordinate filling all guest orders with seamless service
- Strong communication skills to build trusting relationships with peers and guests
- The ability to stay positive and calm under pressure
- A warm, compassionate, and team-focused approach
- Open availability
- 1-2 years full-service restaurant experience in a Bartending role
- A general understanding of the proper steps of service required of all Front of House service positions
- Culinary and/or Beverage Degree/Certification(s)
- Hospitality Degree/Certification
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.