Make a meaningful impact as a Beverage Intern with Gramercy Tavern!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
We’re looking for an intelligent, curious, confident, detail oriented, organized and thoughtful individual who exemplifies USHG’s core Family Values of hospitality, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and integrity. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, non-stop environment, is adept at prioritizing tasks and loves solving problems. Works both independently as well as comfortable being an integral part of a larger team. A passion to better learn and understand beverage operations is at the heart of this position. This position works hand in hand with the Wine Director, Sommeliers on all aspects of beverage operations. The ability to be strategic, flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient is in your DNA. Superior written and verbal communication skills, sense of urgency, empathy and attention to detail is crucial.
The Beverage Intern will start in April 2020.
As a valued member of our team, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Responsible for the daily receiving and stocking of all wines
- By working with these wines on a daily basis, become familiar with all of the great wines and regions of the world
- Assist Sommelier team in all details of daily operation
- Key team member for monthly inventory of all wines
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized environment at all times
- Maintain systems such as Binwise, Avero, Tripleseat and others in the daily operations of the beverage department
- Create and monitor pars for product and communicate orders in a clear, timely and organized fashion
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Initiative & follow through
- Superior verbal & written communication
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Understanding of Excel, Word, Outlook etc.
- Familiar with Binwise, Tripleseat, Open Table, Avero and other restaurant software