Senior Salesforce Developer
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Develop technical designs, conduct unit tests, and deploy custom code in coordination and collaboration with the Salesforce System Administrators, as required
- Work with Business Applications Team and business users to interpret the business requirements and define the scope of development efforts
- Develop and maintain Visualforce, AppExchanges, Force.com pages and integration to other third party solutions
- Participate in cross-functional teams that address strategic business issues involving CRM and other related systems
- Assist Project Managers by identifying required tasks, timelines, dependencies, critical path items, resource requirements, etc. to complete a project
- Effectively communicate task and project status and escalate to management as necessary
- Proactively manage assigned issues and risks and develop remediation plans
- Provide timely status reports and keep accurate project time data
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience in IT including 4 years developing large-scale, Tier-1 ERP or CRM applications
- 5+ years’ Force.com development experience, with a strong focus on Apex and Visualforce development
- Web application development experience
- Solid knowledge of SOQL a plus
- In-depth experience with jQuery and/or ExtJS a plus
- Experience with enterprise integration and extract, transformation, and load (ETL) tools a plus
- Integration experience using web services (SOAP, Restful, etc.) a plus
- Experience with other CRM software (Siebel, MS Dynamics, Oracle, etc.) a plus
- A thorough understanding of Project Life Cycle management methodologies and controls
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills, problem-solving skills, and detail oriented
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Customer Focused – personally demonstrated that both external and internal customers are a high priority by identifying, and responding to their needs in a timely and efficient manner
- Initiative – Recognizes opportunities and initiates actions to capitalize on them by looking for a new and productive ways to make an impact
- Innovative Thinking – Embraces and champions new ideas and encourages others to do likewise
- Building Organizational Commitment – Demonstrates commitment, loyalty and appreciation for the organization. Conveys a high-level of concern for all employees, while helping to ensure that both their needs and those of the organization are met
- Bachelor’s degree in IT-related field or equivalent work experience
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.