Make a meaningful impact as a Line Butcher at Manhatta!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
We are looking for butchers that use their skillset for the betterment of the team in any of our kitchens! Our kitchens depend on a team sport mentality for success, as each butcher is asked to be at their personal best each day for the good of the team, and always look to bring their teammates along with them! Our butchers are always finding the “Yes” in order to provide hospitality for our guests! We believe in promoting from within as our line cooks, sous chefs, pastry chefs, executive chefs, and senior leaders grew and developed within this enlightened culture.
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave (yes! even as an hourly employee!)
- Money to spend in our restaurants and a 20% discount (and we’ve won 28 James Beard awards)
- Discounts toward gym memberships, spas, transit passes and hotels – just to name a few…
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future- and you can take it with you when you leave
- Access to more than 50 Learning and Development programs to support your growth & development
- Access to Mentor Programs and Career Development advice to help you navigate your career options with us
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than in expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Basic understanding of professional cooking
- Experienced Butchers preferred
- Expert Fabrication and Knife skills
- Following par sheet and recipes without direct supervision
- Basic kitchen etiquette and safety
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with colleagues
- Able to stand for longer than 8 hours (must)
- Able to move or lift 50 pounds on an intermittent basis and 35 pounds regularly (must)
- Able to bend, stoop, lift, reach, push, pull, twist, walk, crouch, and squat (must)