Solution Principal, IT & Developer Portfolios
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Growth of the portfolios’ revenue.
- Help the account teams discover, nurture, and close new business opportunities.
- Assist the account teams with high-value, strategic renewals and upgrades as identified by sales management, by helping the account teams to identify and pursue opportunities to protect and grow the revenue from these accounts.
- Develop excellent knowledge of Skillsoft’s content, technology and messaging allowing to provide recommendations to the account teams regarding solutions and services in order to meet the customer’s capability requirements and Skillsoft’s achievement of revenue goals.
- Work with the account teams to develop key deliverables to help growing team revenue/s.
- Continually maintain a highly current working knowledge of the Skillsoft competitors and creates traps that will help scale competitive differentiation via Skillsoft’s messaging and product features.
- Demonstrate expert-level of proficiency in IT and Developer training capability domain expertise including legacy, current and horizon technologies.
- Maintain superior industry knowledge of emerging trends via internal resources and by attending various external key conference and reviews of credible research.
- Conduct webinars and other events to help drive pipeline and account growth.
- Produce thought leadership (i.e., blogs, social posts, white papers, webinars, etc.) that contributes to a strong brand image and Skillsoft social media property followership.
- Provide strategic recommendations for Skillsoft’s content and services roadmap based on customer and prospect feedback that will help Skillsoft garner more market share.
- Offer counsel as a highly respected ‘go-to’ resource on various internal project teams to represent the IT and Developer skills training buyer preferences and priorities.
- Enter key customer activities into Salesforce on a regular basis in order to track Solution Principle engagements to sales outcomes.
- Collaborate regularly and shares best practices and successes with the IVS team, as well as the sales teams; and provide suggestion for continuous improvement.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in technical field; or possess equivalent experience.
- Possess 10+ years in the enterprise IT and/or and IT learning and talent industry, with substantial business development or direct sales experience to IT buyers.
- Demonstrate an exceptional level of internal and external customer responsiveness.
- Have proven ability to articulate features and benefits of Skillsoft’s solutions to all stakeholder levels.
- Maintains highly adept understanding of Skillsoft’s IT and Developer solutions with the ability to articulate their relevance to the organization’s training needs.
- Possess expert knowledge in IT competency frameworks within various geographies and verticals.
- Have the ability to uphold exceptional cross-team collaboration and internal customer support.
- Possess excellent consulting, listening and communication skills, evidenced by the ability to establish influential relationships with diverse customers/prospects, including executive-level business owners.
- Demonstrate positive attitude and professionalism, being an ambassador for the Skillsoft brand.
- Exhibit expert facilitation skills for meetings and group activities, both virtual and live, demonstrating the ability to guide groups, listen and question effectively (includes corporate/executive briefings).
- Has superior presentation skills, both virtual and live, in large and small group settings.
- Demonstrates the ability to write with purpose and accuracy.
- Possess advanced project management and organizational skills.
- Have excellent critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills that balance thoughtful analysis with timely responsiveness.
- Shows self-directed work habits, exhibiting strong initiative, drive, creativity, maturity and self-assurance.
- Is adaptable to change as it relates to sales plans, Skillsoft product strategy, internal/external relationships and organizational direction.
- Exhibit teamwork skills and ability to act as a strategic partner to the client and account teams. Meet weekly with direct manager in order to review pending priorities, reflect on recent accomplishments and how to overcome challenges.
- Show scheduling flexibility to effectively adapt to geographies that Skillsoft supports.
- Travel to internal Skillsoft meetings and customer sites as warranted (travel estimate 25-50%).
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.