Position Title: Sr Software Architect
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Engineering
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning – we train more professionals than any other company in the world, over 400 million learners and currently support more than 6000 customers, including half of the Fortune 500.
We have recently released our next generation SaaS platform solution – Percipio, the industry’s first immersive eLearning platform. This is the realization of our vision that brings together technology and product to build the most beautiful product possible. You will be working with us to extend our vision and enhance and improve our product. See what team members had to say about this journey – Percipio Journey"
Position Overview/ Job Summary
The Mobile Architect will be a hands-on role, part of the Percipio Architects group and responsible for analyzing Mobile application requirements and providing recommended solutions, including development techniques, processes, and tools.
The ideal candidate will possess experience designing Mobile applications on Android and iOS platforms. The candidate will possess experience in cross-platform Mobile application development using tools preferably React Native, React & Node JS etc. The ideal candidate would have been involved in the formulation, planning, and execution of a mobility strategy and delivery of mobile apps. The candidate must be knowledgeable about mobile development standards, and have created a center of excellence design and execution for mobility.
Our Work Place
• Experienced team with strong autonomy
• Pair programming, code reviews, test-driven development (TDD)
• Spotify Agile Framework, Scrum, DevOps.
• Access to online learning materials
• React Native, React, Redux, NodeJs, Ruby
• Postgres, Redis, Cassandra, Elasticsearch
• Mac / Linux, Docker, Kubernetes
• CI/CD, Jenkins
• GitHub Enterprise, Slack, Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence)
- Responsible for architecting and designing the Percipio mobile App (iOS, Android) using Micro Services.
- Responsible for establishing an Architecture Plan, bringing-in best practices, defining security architecture, adherence to standards etc.
- Provide guidance, establish governance and build strategy for mobile development at the enterprise level
- Will be working with a broad scope of functions - Access Management, Single Sign-on, Enterprise Security, API tools, Cloud, Micro Services etc.
- Identify and create new strategies to help build COE
Interface with multiple teams; operations, product management, development etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills to include the development of clear and concise presentations as well as the ability to present to customer and internal groups
- Minimum of 6 years as a Solutions Architect with 4+ years of experience in Mobile application development
- Experience designing and implementing Android and iOS mobile applications
Published and referenceable examples of mobile applications available in the Apple or the Android App store
- Contribute to ensuring quality through automated testing, continuous integration and build management
- Develop prototypes to demonstrate the merits of a proposed solution or refactor existing code. Not afraid to take tough calls
- Participate in design / code reviews and functional demos
- Understand enabling components: security, infrastructure, user experience for mobile, and operations support
- Knowledge of cross-platform mobile application development, experience interfacing with various mobile technologies, as well as frameworks and services
- Experience with developing API Services layer for integration with backend systems
API development using REST, SOAP, JSON, XML, Web services
- Experience with developing and deploying in the Cloud environment leveraging Cloud native services Container Services, Database Services, Micro Services etc.
- Experience with supporting mobile applications for the global customer base, and designing apps/services with multi-language support, globalization and localization in mind
- Experience with providing SSO on the mobile device
Understanding of Redux
GraphQL framework and Apollo Client
Ruby on Rails