Make an impact as a Line Cook at Bay Room!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Manhatta and Porchlight to name a few!
Bay Room is our new event space with jaw-dropping panoramic views of New York City from the 60th floor of the 28 Liberty building!
We are searching for talented Line Cooks with a background in any of the following areas- Restaurants, Catering, Commissary kitchens and Retail Kitchens. Most importantly, we are searching for cooks who are not only talented, but excited to learn and grow with our company while upholding the family values that our business is built upon. Hourly rates start between $15-$17 per hour.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Able to successfully support and work with the Culinary Leaders to manage a station and execute menu items consistently
- Experience with high-level cuisine and working with high profile talent
- Ability to execute menu items consistently according to the directive of the Executive Chef
- Must have strong culinary skills to contribute to a culinary team focused on professionalism and culture through Executive Chef's plan
- Fine Dining experience is required in a similar environment
- Interest and appreciation for cutting edge art, science, and design
- Strong and well-rounded culinary skills that will allow for execution in a casual and fine dining atmosphere
- Work with FOH and BOH management to execute for service
- Excellent Emotional Self Awareness under pressure while maintaining a graceful, warm presence.
- Curious Intelligence to continue learning in the position
- Open availability and a career mentality