Union Square Events is looking for an Associate Director of Catering for a Cultural Institution!
Since opening Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has grown into an innovative family of food and hospitality businesses including fine dining restaurants, museum cafes, casual dining eateries, an executive training business and Union Square Events.
Established in 2005, Union Square Events has emerged as a culinary and operations leader within the hospitality industry. Through collaborations with a diverse portfolio of best in class clients and business partners, Union Square Events produces one-of-a-kind catered events and unparalleled dining experiences within a variety of cultural, corporate and entertainment venues throughout New York City.
Associate Director of Catering is the primary relationship manager for Union Square Events’ partnership with the cultural institution, overseeing all catering and retail pop-up operations in accordance with the USHG Enlightened Hospitality standards. This position is a key team leader, representing USE to the cultural institution as well as outside corporations or individuals and community organizations hosting events in the facility.
Core tasks and key responsibilities:
- Sales and Marketing: Oversee the sales cycle of catered and pop-up retail events at the cultural institution, working closely with the cultural institution’s Special Events Team, while maintaining USHG’s high standards of hospitality and service.
- Communication and Operations: Oversee daily catering operations at the cultural institution, fostering positive interdepartmental communication in order to increase efficiency, productivity, and profitability.
- Accounting, finance and profitability.
As a valued member of our team, your compensation will include the following benefits:
- Option to participate in Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support