Position Title: Director Engineering
Reports to: Abhishek Gupta
Office Location: Hyderabad, India (Divyasree)
Department: SUMT Engineering SW Dev
1. About Company:
SumTotal Systems, a Skillsoft company, is the largest independent provider of integrated HR applications and the only provider to deliver Talent Expansion™, a whole new approach to discovering, developing and unleashing hidden potential within our customers’ workforce.
SumTotal has nearly 30 years of learning and HR software experience. High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development are core to their business success and overall talent management and workforce initiatives. That’s why more than 3,500 organizations, including many of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s on-premise and cloud-based applications to enable their employees.
2. Position Overview/ Job Summary
The Director of Engineering role is a high-visibility leadership opportunity for an outstanding development professional with a proven track record of innovation and building scalable enterprise applications with strong interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate for the Director of Engineering role will be able to deliver results in a fast paced environment by rapidly evolving industry leading web and mobile based enterprise applications using latest technology
• Balance long-term strategic direction with client success and market growth to drive application roadmaps and strategy.
• Oversee application development activities and responsible for new development and/or maintenance of software products, features, components and tools.
• Lead/Drive/Guide team of 20+ people.
• Direct technology, architecture, project and functional management efforts during software development lifecycle.
• Collaborate and partner with other peer development organizations, product management, quality assurance, business unit clients, and end users to produce innovative solutions and drive company's strategic goals.
• Drive staffing management including hiring exceptional candidates, career planning, mentoring, and performance management.
4. Requirements (Must-Haves)
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• 12+ years of experience managing technology/platform strategy and software engineering.
• Experience operating and scaling high-volume, multi-browser, multi-tier integrated complex enterprise applications built with heterogeneous technologies.
• Strong Technical understanding of developing mobile solutions with hybrid/native technologies. Ionic/Cordova/Angular/MVC would be required.
• Experience with ASP.NET, CSS, HTML5, Jquery, .Net technologies, SQL Server are required.
• Overlooked and managed deployments of enterprise or consumer-facing mobile software systems using industry standard environments including iOS, Android and Windows Phone
• Good understanding about performance of applications and how to design and tune with such considerations
• Ability and experience to interact and drive product discussions with business owner group, customer facing groups or customers directly
• Excellent problem solving/Debugging skills
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies
• Excellent communication skills
5. Requirements (Nice-to-Haves)
• Experience with agile methodologies.
• Experience with SaaS hosted and on-premise software.