Deployment Automation Engineer II
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and support of lab and production automation platforms.
- Incident/Problem management for cases reported by Engineering, Cloud Service Operations and Cloud Deployment teams.
- Optimize VRA/VRO system reliability, security, performance, and operational efficiency.
- Provide 24/7 operations support as part of a team through shift and on-call coverage as required.
- Develop enhancements to automation platform including work on existing roadmap and research and testing of new tools to further automate deployment and operations processes.
- Interface with developers to onboard applications into the automation platform.
- Participate in release testing activities as well as the automation of those activities.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Live in or willing to relocate to Gainesville, FL.
- Demonstrated understanding of SQL and writing SQL queries
- VMware vsphere experience including the management, provisioning and deprovisioning of VMs
- Windows experience including active directory, DNS, DFS, SMB and general windows administration
- Linux command line experience - can navigate folders, edit files, troubleshoot issues, and write basic scripts.
- Experience with foundations in networking including IP management, vlans, network data flows and systems communication
- Experience using REST APIs
- Demonstrated experience solving problems with innovative solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skill-set
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- VRA & VRO system administration and development experience preferred
- 2 years of experience working on an Automation platform (chef / puppet / VMware, etc)
- Advanced network experience - load balancers (citrix netscalers) and firewalls (Fortinet, cisco, or similar)
- CDN experience
- Experience using enterprise storage NASs or SANs
- Strong IIS Experience
- Advanced Knowledge of Windows Server.
- Advanced Linux Proficiency
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Clustering, DNS, Active Directory and Group policy
- Basic understanding of Firewalls, Load Balancers, Switches, Network Design.
- Experience creating functional design documents, technical design documents, interviewing end users to create user stories, and translating those into finished projects
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably Computer Science or Engineering discipline.
- MCSE & VMware certification are a plus. Linux certification will be an added advantage.
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.