Make a meaningful impact as a Banquet Sous Chef with Union Square Hospitality Group!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The Banquet Sous Chef is responsible for daily production and execution of one of our banquet culinary operations. This role will support the Executive Chef to adapt and create inspired seasonally appropriate menus that are creative, evolving, well balanced for the season, while maintaining accurate food and labor costs based on a forecast budget, ensuring best business practices. The Banquet Sous Chef will also oversee the onsite hourly culinary employees to ensure they are executing the standards established by the Executive Chef. This individual will assist in CaterXpert and creating experiences that exceed the guests’ expectations, and provide strong leadership, while maintaining the core principles of our culture of Enlightened Hospitality.
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll have access to:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Money to spend in our restaurants and a 20% discount (and we’ve won 28 James Beard awards)
- Discounts toward gym memberships, spas, transit passes and hotels – just to name a few…
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future- and you can take it with you when you leave
- Access to Mentor Programs and Career Development advice to help you navigate your career options with us
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgement- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than in expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Proficient in POS System (Micros)
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Delphi, CaterXpert preferred)
- 5+ years' of experience in off-site catering, pop-up restaurants, large-scale special events, small intimate gatherings, and/or fine dining restaurants
- Excellent working knowledge of many styles of cuisine and types of events
Ideally, You Also Have:
- TIPS Certification
- CPR/1st Aid Certified
- NYC Food Handler's Certificate
- Fluency in Spanish