SumTotal Customer Sales Director (Channels and Alliances)
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning. We train more professionals than any other company in the world. We are trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and talent management solutions.
At Skillsoft, we are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Drive top-line revenue growth through new partner acquisition and expansion of our footprint within existing partner base.
- Support indirect sales of our Talent Development platform through our US Channel Partner ecosystem as well as support direct sales with the field through alignment of our Services partners to Enterprise and SMB opportunities.
- Own responsibility to meet and exceed revenue goals.
- Establish strategic plans and objectives to drive desired business growth.
- Partner with related sales, marketing and support resources in the successful advancement of critical opportunities and market penetration with our partners.
- Develop and help communicate a thorough understanding of SumTotal sales plays.
- Identify, recruit, and develop new partner relationships that support the Alliances strategic plan with relationship-focused efforts to win “hearts and minds” of the new and existing partners.
- Provide credible alliances to build trust and quickly achieve “trusted advisor” status.
- Coherently explain Sumtotal Alliances program value proposition to both partners and internal stakeholders.
- Develop partnerships by clearly positioning SumTotal’s value proposition to partners and drive engagement along with direct Field Sales.
- Provide support to help both internal and extended teams achieve their goals.
- Focus on top-line revenue growth through existing partner account expansion and new partner acquisition.
- Drive a partner business strategy that defines quarterly/annual business objectives, milestones and measurements.
- Work with the professional services team to build capacity and capability of implementation services/delivery within the partner eco-system in the region.
- Work remotely from a home office.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years successful sales and/or business development experience
- Experience in the learning, talent, or human capital management technology or SaaS space is preferred
- Ability to recognize opportunities and initiate actions to capitalize on them
- Understanding of various GTM models, with sales and/or business development experience in other software companies
- Proven experience in developing and successfully executing regional business development plans addressing new partner acquisition and existing partner growth
- Ability to exceed sales targets, a keen understanding of the steps involved in a sales cycle, ability to leverage internal teams to win, and ability to leverage each stage to advance the sale
- Ability to prospect new partner relationships and manage a designated territory to maximize revenue growth
- Ability to operate with a sense of urgency, be aggressive, competitive, and demonstrate a positive, winning attitude
- Negotiate effectively based on value and time to close
- Ability to understand complex client requirements and help partners further align those requirements to the SumTotal product. Clearly articulate the company’s offerings to develop solutions to meet those requirements
- Willingness to travel
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency.
- Adept at working in a fast-paced environment, with multiple and changing priorities.
- Acute attention to detail, organized and deadline oriented.
- Comfortable working collaboratively as part of a global team.
- Self-starter with ability to make independent decisions.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communicator.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.