Software Architect – JD
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning – we train more professionals than any other company in the World, over 400 million learners and currently supporting more than 6000 customers including half the Fortune 500!
We have recently released our next generation SaaS platform solution – Percipio, the industry’s first immersive eLearning platform. This is the realization of our vision that brings together technology and product to build the most beautiful product possible. You will be working with us to extend our vision and enhance and improve our product. See what team members had to say about this journey – Percipio Journey
This position is responsible for architecting, designing, system analysis, creating, testing, and ensuring the quality of moderately complex software for the product. Hands-on architect that understands and analyses the entire end-to-end system. Software Architect to make intuitive design decisions for software development. Demonstrates a growth and ownership mindset and consistently delivery on commitments. You will see the “big picture” and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development team. You will be working with brilliant people around the globe on cutting-edge technology including AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices, NoSQL, etc.
We are looking for an exceptional Software Architect to join our team and to work on Percipio to provide a world class user experience. For this challenging journey we have multiple co-located teams across the globe. We embrace the Scaled agile framework, micro-services architecture, and DevOps model.
Desired skills and competencies (* = required)
- Minimum 12+ years of software engineering development experience background working with developing cloud based enterprise solutions.
- Strong knowledge in working with REST API*, Web services and SAML* integrations
- Experience working with Postgres, Redis, Cassandra, Elasticsearch
- Experience with frameworks (Spring Boot, Ruby on Rails)
- Experience with DevOps (Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, AWS)
- Experience in UI Test frameworks (CasperJS, PhantomJS, Mocha, Jasmine, JEST, Selenium, etc.)
- Experience with code versioning tools, preferably Git (Github, Gitlab, etc) and the feature branch workflow
- Good in multi threading, algorithms and complex problem solving skills
- Advanced design, debugging and coding skills
- Experience with automation tools like Maven, Gradle, NPM, WebPack, Grunt
- Must know how to code applications on Unix/Linux based systems*.
- Experience in working with Agile/Scrum environment*.
- Challenge the status quo.
- Encourage and use experimentation as a tool to achieve continuous improvement of team performance.
- Support design and refactoring through rapid prototyping and experimentation during research and refactor spikes.
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Participate in self-directed learning activities aimed at developing deep expertise within technical domain, including reading relevant publications, participating in domain forums or groups etc.
- Have a deep understanding of context within which our products are being developed, deployed and used.
- Have a solid understanding of the user personas for the product within the technical domain and deep empathy for the needs of those users.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to understand complexities and how components connect and relate to each other
- Strong leadership skills; Coaching and mentoring skills.
- Technical expert with in-depth programming and product knowledge and strong technical skills combined with project management and leadership ability.
- Passionate, curious, open to new ideas with the ability to pick up new technologies
Education and Certifications:
BE or MCA or equivalent preferred