Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Assess the current set of automation tools and framework and make recommendations on automation strategy.
- Work closely within the QA team and across multiple development teams.
- Identify, evaluate and document issues with appropriate priority and severity.
- Execute all components of product testing such as functional, regression and end-to-end testing.
- Conduct test case reviews to ensure test scenarios accurately capture business functionality and requirements.
- Work to minimize manual testing by identifying high-ROI test cases for automation.
- Enjoys multi-tasking on a daily basis.
- Collaborate closely with the QA team and Software Developers to keep test case suites up to date.
- Other work-related duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- BS Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of QA experience.
- 3+ years of experience with test automation.
- Experience testing ERP software.
- Hands on experience with object-oriented programming.
- Hands-on experience automating test cases to extend an existing Selenium framework.
- Working knowledge of common software architectures (web/API/DB).
- Experience with API testing tools (ie. SoapUI / JMeter).
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test strategy and test plans.
- Experience with web services/API testing.
- Experience performing backend database verifications using SQL.
- Review functional and technical documentation in order to identify requirements.
- Self-motivated, excellent communication skills, detail oriented, confident, quick learner, critical thinker.
- Experience working on medium to large software projects and be able to drive the QA process independently.
- Able to work in an open team space/collaborative environment.
- Designing and building a test automation framework. (desired skill)
- Experience with Java. (desired skill)
- Knowledge of Salesforce. (desired skill)
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.