Systems, LLC, is the largest independent provider of integrated HR
applications and the only provider to deliver Talent Expansion™, a whole
new approach to discovering, developing and unleashing hidden potential
within our customers’ workforce.
SumTotal has nearly 30 years of learning and HR software experience.
High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development
are core to their business success and overall talent management and
workforce initiatives. That’s why more than 3,500 organizations,
including many of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s
solutions to enable their employees.
The Senior Project Manager responsibilities are focused on the delivery
and implementation of SumTotal Systems' suite of products to enable our
customer’s anticipated business outcomes. This position leads the
implementation of enterprise wide HCM solutions for our customers, and
also oversees implementations provided by our partner network on behalf
of our customers. This role works on multiple projects with different
size organizations and requires up to 25% travel.
• Manage and build client relationships with key decision makers from
project inception to post-implementation; ensure customer satisfaction.
• Oversee installation and client acceptance of SumTotal product suites.
• Organize, lead and act as the SumTotal representative in remote and
onsite customer project meetings. Produce minutes from these meetings
and ensure actions are completed as agreed.
• Monitor on-site and remote day-to-day activities between the customer and SumTotal personnel.
• Review progress on projects managed by our partner network and utilize
built partner and customer relationships to enable successful project
• Interact with sales, systems engineering, product development, and
hosting operations to ensure continuity between the departments.
• Provide project management information to the customer in line with
SumTotal governance standards. This will include, but is not limited
to; financial reports, status reports, work plans, issue lists, agreed
actions, risk notification, impact resolution plans, and lessons learned
• Plan and manage project schedule, resources, scope, and budget.
• Define and own corrective action plans and escalations in the event of any deviation from the project plan.
• Manage multiple ongoing projects from initiation through delivery
utilizing Microsoft Project and other project management software.
• Manage project deliverables to ensure they remain in scope of the
statement of work, and where deliverables fall out of scope, use the
agreed change control procedures.
• Maintain a project repository with all associated documentation and deliverables
Skills & Requirements:
• Must have experience managing projects as a billable consultant
• Demonstrated client relationship and interpersonal skills.
• 5+ years of experience implementing Enterprise level software solutions.
• Excellent communication, presentation & organizational skills
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to motivate and lead cross functional teams and professionals of all levels
• Proven cross-functional team success.
• Proven ability to define and document gap analyses and proposed solutions.
• Ability to deliver on-schedule and within budget.
• Able to plan & prioritize own work load to meet conflicting, varied and demanding deadlines
• Planning and organizational skills to determine what needs to be done
to deliver multiple projects with defined timescales, and to ensure this
• PMP certification (or willing to work towards).
• Experience in E-Learning or Talent Management Solutions.
• Basic technological knowledge of some of the following: SQL, VB,
firewalls, proxies, SMTP, general Windows OS, and network security.