Manager, Technical Support
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Work in the Des Moines Office.
- Develop a knowledge of the Growth Edition product.
- Set clear objectives in addition to existing Support KPIs.Evaluate progress and instill a high-performance culture with focus on team work, service excellence and accountability for resolving customer issues.
- Set-up, manage and improve standards and procedures within the team using technology to improve efficiency as appropriate.
- Manage the team and individual performance against Support KPIs; average resolution times and update compliance to ensure positive customer outcomes.
- Manage ongoing technical and skills development within the team.
- Encourage open communication and collaboration between team members, suggesting and championing ideas that help the team work more effectively together.
- Cascade business objectives and targets to the team.
- Review daily priorities and take appropriate action to ensure results are achieved.
- Remain aware of new product developments and tactical direction to the business on customer service and support challenges.
- Collaborate effectively with the internal stakeholders including sales, product management, engineering, services and other functions.
- Identify key customers within the installed based and partner with them to ensure shared success.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, or other technology-related degrees.
- 10+ years of work experience in Software/IT related field.
- 5+ years of experience leading a technical support team.
- Experience developing change initiatives within a services environment. (preferred qualification)
- Experience building process improvements and knowledge transfer amongst the team. (preferred qualification)
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.