Customer Sales Director
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Own the relationship with assigned portfolio of customers, support complex accounts
- Drive new bookings and customer satisfaction by proactively calling into the customer base within the assigned territory
- Position and sell additional products and services
- Find new cross-sell opportunities
- Determine the level of satisfaction with our products and services; coordinate with internal resources to ensure prompt resolution of open issues
- Inform the customer of upcoming events and product releases
- Create highly satisfied, reference able customers
- Manage contract renewal process with customer
- Penetrate new territories and close customer opportunities to build a steady pipeline of business.
- Identify, call on, and interact with the senior level executives at targeted companies.
- Educate these executives about SumTotal solutions within the HR software space.
- Must produce consistent, accurate activity and sales reporting using the company’s standardized tracking and reporting tools (including salesforce.com) to communicate with senior management and members of the marketing, inside sales and outside sales teams.
- Keep sales pipeline up-to-date and accurately forecast future business.
- Demonstrate and maintain an understanding of the HR software space, in-depth product and service knowledge, and be proficient at coordinating customer interaction, and answering customer and prospect questions about the company’s strategy, products (including feature sets), functionality and pricing.
- Sell enterprise-wide integrated HR solutions using SumTotal’s consultative solution selling techniques
- Develop sales strategies and plans to achieve revenue attainment and territory growth.
- Close deals by working with new and existing large and complex organizations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 4-6 years commission sales experience in the software industry
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- College degree
- Previous experience as an Account Manager preferred.
- Experience in Human Capital Management space either as a customer or provider working with such products as Oracle, Taleo, SAP, Successfactors, Cornerstone, Saba, etc.
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.