Make an impact as a Kitchen Manager at Blue Smoke!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The Kitchen Manager for Blue Smoke is responsible for daily production and execution of our culinary operations. This role will support the Executive Chef and Culinary Director to adapt and create menu items that are creative, evolving, and on brand, while maintaining accurate food and labor costs based on a forecast budget. The Kitchen Manager will also oversee the onsite hourly and salaried culinary employees to ensure they are executing the standards established by the Executive Chef and Culinary Director. This position will create experiences that exceed the guests’ expectations and provide strong leadership while maintaining the core principles of Blue Smoke’s culture of Enlightened Hospitality.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Participation in annual bonus plan
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Ensure daily execution of food production, meeting and exceeding blue smoke and USHG standards of quality
- Maximize profitability and performance
- Increase productivity and foster positive inter-departmental communications
- Ensure rigorous knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies and procedures
- Continuously build a high performance team
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.