Make a meaningful impact as a Receiver at Union Square Events!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The Receiver is responsible for the daily receiving operations which includes the receiving of all deliveries, quality control and commissary storage organization within the guidelines of DOH and HACCP standards set for receiving and food storage. Other responsibilities include maintaining all receiving and waste logs.
As a valued member of our team, your compensation will include the following benefits:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Strong Computer Skills (Office, Excel, and CaterXpert preferred)
- Language: English, Spanish (preferred)
- Experience: 1+ years of experience in receiving, working knowledge of food ingredients
- Certifications: NYC Food Handler's Certificate
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the kitchen, including food and beverage areas
- Requires mobility, prolonged standing, bending, stooping, and reaching
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds