Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Administer corporate entity related activities including timely filing of requisite periodic reports and maintenance of minutes, board calendars and all pertinent legal entity information for the companies legal entities globally.
- Management of corporate secretarial services provides globally.
- Partner with immigration counsel to ensure non-immigrant and immigrant petitions are prepared accurately and in a timely manner, evaluate and develop case strategy and process case initiations and extensions.
- Partner with immigration counsel to analyze complex immigration matters and effectively communicate solutions to internal clients in collaboration with immigration counsel.
- Answer immigration questions from employees, act as a liaison between immigration counsel, HR and the employee, to ensure all employee questions are answered in a timely manner.
- Partner with immigration counsel and internal teams in completing Request for Evidence.
- Track and analyze immigration costs.
- Work with international immigration firm on travel/business visas and other short-term visas.
- Assist with company insurance related requests and matters.
- Track and manage legal invoices and liaise with legal service providers as needed.
- Maintenance of legal files and corporate documents.
- Bankruptcy research and administration in collaboration with outside counsel.
- Maintenance and administration of facility lease agreements in collaboration with Facilities Team.
- Conduct research on projects.
- Other projects/duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of two years corporate legal experience preferred (law firm or in-house legal department).
- Immigration experience.
- Exercise excellent judgment, be resourceful and efficient, have solid communication skills, and have the ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Word processing speed and efficiency required.
- Ability to interact with senior management professionally.
- Must be extremely detail oriented.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.