JOB TITLE: Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
LOCATION: Hyderabad, India
The Cloud Hosting Business Intelligence (BI) team provides comprehensive awareness, correlation and analysis of technical and business events, performance, and capacity management as well as other key business metrics in order to maximize business value creation and optimize the end user experience. The Cloud Hosting Business Intelligence team’s service offerings and analysis enable the organization to be proactive in managing end user experience and customer relationships in a way that creates value and enables customer satisfaction.
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst drives forward business value creation based on the Splunk Analytics platform within the SumTotal Cloud Hosting (SaaS) environment. The role involves engaging with members of all business units, identifying and integrating data sources into the Splunk platform as well as providing the necessary correlation, analytics and machine learning analysis to meet business objectives.
This resource should be an applications architecture/operations resource with strong experience in Splunk development.
- Serving as an applications Subject Matter Expert within the BI team
- Provide applications guidance as it relates to integration, correlation and analysis for the given business requirements
- Map business needs and demands into Splunk dashboard requirements
- Leverage dashboards from a multitude of data sources being ingested into Splunk using the Splunk query language
- Build Splunk apps as necessary leveraging python and other Splunk friendly languages for app development in support of integrating various data sources
- Build dashboards leveraging existing machine learning models as well as creating new ones as needed
- Work with Infrastructure, Applications and Engineering teams to integrate systems and applications into Splunk effectively
- Partners and works with the business and team members to ascertain and plan the proposed solutions/dashboards to meet and achieve the identified and agreed objectives
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Desire and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly demanding, dynamic business and information technology environment
- The role requires an analytical acumen and solution orientation to probe for understanding and to make appropriate decisions to address the nuances of the technical and business challenge in order to achieve the targeted outcome
- Strong application and database experience as an operations or architecture resource
- Excellent communication skills and experience in driving cross department initiatives to obtain organizational objectives
- Excellent knowledge of Splunk (Splunk for Analytics and Data Science Certified)
- Significant Data Analytic skills (Business Analytic skills)
- Relevant technical and delivery experience within, or working as a consultant/advisor to organizations
- Experience in building AI and Machine learning models
- Experience in building models in R, C++, Java or Python programming languages and libraries.
- Strong communication, presentation and business and technical writing skills
- Strong interest in further developing and integrating operations with technology in business value creating ways
Education, Training and Minimum Qualifications
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years performing data analytics and correlation required
- 1+ years working with Splunk Analytics required
- 3+ years experience working with python, regex and related coding languages required
- 1+ years experience working with Syslog, various logging formats, and monitoring systems required
- 3+ years working with SOA & microservice applications including IIS, Tomcat, Redis, RabbitMQ, Solr required
- 3+ years experience working with database architectures including MySQL, MSSQL, and MongoDB desired
- 1+ years working with machine learning algorithms desired
- 7+ years of experience in job specific skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of infrastructure systems