JOB TITLE: Senior Systems Administrator (Splunk)
LOCATION: Hyderabad, India
The Cloud Hosting Business Intelligence team provides comprehensive awareness, correlation and analysis of technical and business events, performance, and capacity management as well as other key business metrics in order to maximize business value creation and optimize the end user experience. The Cloud Hosting Business Intelligence team’s service offerings and analysis enable the organization to be proactive in managing end user experience and customer relationships in a way that creates value and enables customer satisfaction.
As a Senior Splunk Systems Administrator, you will be the primary resource for managing a large and diverse Splunk environment. This includes the administration and configuration of Enterprise Splunk monitoring suites including application performance management, end user experience monitoring and log correlation tools. The role will serve as an escalation point for team members working to make dashboards who require assistance with complex queries or performance optimization. The resource will serve as a Splunk Subject Matter Expert for system performance analysis, and troubleshooting as needed through escalations.
The Sr. Splunk Administrator should have an infrastructure and systems operations background and evolved into a Splunk Subject Matter Expert including the integration of all data sources.
• Designing system solutions, implementing new features, assisting in resolving complex incidents and problems, and consultation with application support and development staff
• Experience with managing Splunk in a high-volume environment
• Administer linux Splunk environment in intermediate size deployment
• Experience with planning for future Splunk growth on premise
• Administer Splunk users and roles
• Create advanced searches, reports, dashboards and visualizations
• Create field aliases, lookups, and calculated fields
• Create and manage alerts
• Implementing and configuring index and source types as well as Splunk Apps
• Develop or customize Splunk Apps through python coding as needed to suit requirements
• Install and manage forwarders, indexers, search heads.
• Create and manage configuration files like inputs props, transforms, and lookups
• Deploy, configure and update Indexers, Search Heads, Heavy Forwarders, and Universal Forwarders as appropriate
• Configure/optimize current Indexer configuration, Search Heads/Search Head Clusters, Deployment server & Monitoring Console
• Configure/optimize current storage as needed
• Splunk performance optimization of queries through best practices and indexes
• Implement and maintain comprehensive high availability of the splunk ecosystem
• Implement and maintain a comprehensive monitoring of the splunk ecosystem
• Effectively manage and optimize the data ingestion into Splunk eliminating waste and minimizing additional expenditures on splunk licensing
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must have implemented, rebuilt or performed major version upgrades on a splunk environment demonstrating a complete understanding of the Splunk ecosystem
• Must have experience integrating numerous infrastructure and web applications, systems & platforms into splunk
• Must have strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills
• Must have working knowledge of Windows server administration
• Must have general understanding of IT network and security procedures and standards
• Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate with team members & other personnel outside of the team
• Must have a well-rounded working knowledge of infrastructure systems, software and application stacks such as Vmware Vcenter, Windows, Linux, routers, switches, firewalls, IDPs, IIS, Apache etc
Education, Training and Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Technology, Management Information Systems or equivalent experience Required
• 3+ years’ experience in Splunk Systems Administration enterprise level environment.
• 3+ years Infrastructure systems experience including linux, windows, vmware and Cisco UCS administration required
• Splunk Certification is preferred
• ELK stack experience is strongly desired
• Experience of working in a 24 x 7 Data Center environment
• 7+ years total job relevant experience