Business Intelligence Developer
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Identify business requirements, design processes that leverage/adapt the business logic and regularly communicate with business stakeholders to ensure delivery meets business needs.
- Support development of logical and physical processes in data warehouse including creating tables, triggers, ETL and stored procedures and functions to support regular and ad hoc activities.
- Perform routine testing of own and others work to guarantee accurate, complete processes that support business needs. Awareness and compliance with all organizational development standards, industry best practices and business, security, privacy, and retention requirements.
- Routinely monitor performance, diagnose and implement tuning/optimization strategies to guarantee a highly efficient data structure.
- Document data flows and technical designs to ensure compliance with organization, business and security best practices.
- Collaborate with other engineers through active participation in code reviews and challenge the team to deliver with precision, consistency and speed.
- Regularly monitor timelines and workload. Ensure delivery promises are met or exceeded.
- Ability and willingness to support the BI mission through learning new technologies and supporting other projects as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Commitment to Excellence – Demonstrates resilience and determination to deliver with high standards. Exhibits attention to detail and a well-organized approach to problem solving.
- Structured thinking – Skilled at setting out ideas and thoughts in a logical pattern. Ability to develop process documentation, technical manuals and instructions.
- Methodical approach – Practiced at breaking complex tasks into manageable segments and identify mitigation strategies to possible problems or stumbling blocks.
- Logical Reasoning – Ability to interpret information and assess resources against business needs. Highly skilled at managing project workloads and priorities to meet deliverables.
- Results Oriented - Exhibits ownership and accountability. Develops challenging but achievable goals.
- Technical Expertise - Highly proficient in data manipulation and analysis applications (i.e. SSIS,T-SQL, SQL Server, R, SAS, Tableau, etc.). Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Customer Focused – Personally demonstrated that both external and internal customers are a high priority by identifying and responding to their needs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Creativity – Recognizes opportunities and initiates actions to capitalize on them by looking for a new and productive ways to make an impact.
- Innovative – Embraces and champions new ideas and encourages others to do likewise.
- 3-5 years of proven SQL Server Experience building and supporting Data Warehouse structures and supporting end user reporting tools such as Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services and Power BI.
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.