Make a meaningful impact as a Pastry Cook at Intersect!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
We are accepting applications for an enthusiastic and experienced Pastry Cook for full-time employment at our restaurant, featuring a rotating chef-in-residence. This position actively embodies, inspires, & elevates USHG’s Family Values of Hospitality, Excellence, Entrepreneurial Spirit and Integrity. We are seeking individuals who have great communication skills, strong work ethic, passion for hospitality, commitment to excellence, who understand the importance of teamwork. Ability to multi-task and demonstrate athleticism is a must.
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Facility cleanliness and food safety standards
- Product knowledge
- Baking and pastry skillset
- A la Carte Pastry Service, PDR Pastry Service, Station Performance and Maintenance
- Effective communication skills with all departments and team members
- Culinary Training Degree and/or NYC restaurant experience as a Pastry Cook
- Knowledge of baking ingredients and fundamental procedure
- Eagerness and availability to gain aptitude on both AM and PM shifts
- Emotional self-awareness under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and diverse environment
- Excellence and athleticism to collaborate with the Pastry Chef and FOH team to create 1 size fits 1 solutions for our guests
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent Emotional Self Awareness under pressure while maintaining a graceful, warm presence
- Curious Intelligence to continue learning in the position
- Open availability and a career mentality