Global Channel Marketing Specialist Job description
(Skillsoft and SumTotal)
The Skillsoft Group is currently seeking a Global Channel Marketing Specialist to join our team in Hyderabad, India. Reporting to the Global Channel Marketing Manager, the Global Channel Marketing Specialist will be supporting marketing plans to educate and engage partners to sell Skillsoft products and solutions. This role will be executing on brand advocacy, lead/opportunity planning, management and actioning of co-marketing initiatives with our channel partners as well as monitoring programmatic engagement and enablement activities. The role will also assist in researching, identifying and exploring partnership opportunities under various segments of the channel network. We are seeking a self-starter with a can-do personality who can work cross-functionally in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Support global channel marketing plan, with calendar and demand generation targets, to support aggressive growth.
- Manage aspects of global channel marketing activities including but not limited to social media, email/newsletters, events/webinars, conference planning or other campaigns and promotions.
- Enable channel partners through the development and management of one-to-many communication channels and programs to inform partners of new products, resources, campaigns and other partner resources.
- Enable channel programs through our partner marketing automation system. Provide marketing campaigns in packages that can be customized and used across partners.
- Work closely with enablement, marketing, content and sales on development and production of partner marketing resources and other campaign related collateral.
- Maintain the marketing component of a reseller portal with all the materials needed for partners to sell, including, but not limited to: company brochures, product sheets, newsletters and invitations, presentations, videos, and campaign templates.
- Design and implement measurements to quantify ROI from channel marketing programs and co-marketing activities with partners.
- Align and work closely with internal partner team stakeholders for direction on strategy and prioritization. Liaise internally with sales and partner-facing teams to execute on strategy.
- Maintain marketing communication and 2-way feedback internally with stakeholders and also externally with partners to ensure they have the content and tools to sell and market their solutions.
- Prioritize and support partner events/conferences, and enable partners to promote our events as well.
- Develop an on-going marketing training program for partners that will include: positioning/messaging for products; competitive analysis; best practices for marketing; social selling; etc.
- Understanding changing and differing priorities depending on line of business, type of partner and region, and how these impact channel marketing.
- Experience in a channel marketing programs position, specifically in technology or B2B industries.
- Experience using PRM (partner relationship management) tools and executing to-partner/thru-partner marketing campaigns
- Strong presentation and excel skills, marketing KPI reporting and analysis of marketing channel data to make business decisions.
- Proven track record of driving customer value and expanding brand presence through partnerships
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for working across multiple cultures and time zones
- Excellent creative, writing and communication skills
- Extremely well-organized, energetic, logical creative problem solver with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to edit and improve on draft marketing campaigns by resellers
- Familiarity with marketing automation and CRM tools; Marketo and Salesforce experience preferred
- Familiarity with digital demand generation, best practices for SEO, and other marketing tactics preferred
- Excellent analytical skills - ability to translate a marketing plan to an overall business plan and develop quantitative demand models for each channel partner.
- Experience in sales is a plus.
- Travel up to 25%
Education and Certifications
- An MBA degree/Post Graduate in business, marketing or communications
- 4-5 years of relevant work experience