Make a meaningful impact as a Concessions Manager at Union Square Events!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The Concessions Manager is responsible for leading the operation’s pursuit of enlightened hospitality. This business leader is expected to use our company culture, systems and operational standards to deliver top line sales, bottom line results, and enthusiastic raves from our guests, our operating partner; Aramark, our brand partner; Shake Shack and the venue management of Minute Maid Park. At all times, The Concessions Manager leads with a natural inclination to embody and teach our family values of Excellence, Hospitality, Entrepreneurial Spirit, and Integrity.
As a valued member of our team, your compensation will include the following benefits:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Ensure locations are properly stocked and set up prior to day of event
- Provide a two way communication and nurture an ownership environment with emphasis in motivation and teamwork
- Understand and adhere to Shake Shack site audit and NSF audit
- Adhere to Aramark Food Sanitation and Health Standards
- Coordinate with the team for end of month inventory counts and duties
- Provide support during the loading/stocking of the stadium
- Supporting the team while overseeing the cleaning and sanitation of the stadium
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- At least 2 years of concession or venue management in an athletic arena.
- Operating knowledge of high volume, fast casual food service operations.
- Possess accuracy in cash handling.
- An expertise in leading, training, and mentoring hospitality teams.
- A strong financial acumen to drive sales and impact bottom line results.
- Ability to professionally represent our brand and business partner in all forms of communication and interactions with employees, guests, clients, and business partners.
- Basic computer skills required to order product, schedule employees and conduct monthly inventory.
- Fluency of the English language, Spanish preferred.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Must be able to work in environments with fluctuating temperatures.
- Must be able to be on your feet for the majority of the work day.