Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group is seeking Hosts for Intersect by Lexus!
Intersect by Lexus is accepting applications for enthusiastic and experienced Hosts for full-time employment. Intersect by Lexus is a Michelin-recognized concept showcasing a rotating line up of top chefs from across the globe, each of whom bring their unique culinary vision to life within the space every 4-6 months. The project is a collaboration between INTERSECT BY LEXUS – NYC and Union Square Hospitality Group, the renowned hospitality company behind New York City’s most beloved and celebrated restaurants.
Past, current and future restaurants-in residence:
- 2018-19: Gregory Marchand's Frenchie (Paris, 1 Michelin Star)
- 2019: Sergio Barroso's Restaurante 040 (Santiago, #37 on Latin America's 50 Best Restaurants List)
- Current: Tomas Kalika's Mishiguene (Buenos Aires, #20 on Latin America's 50 Best Restaurants List)
- 2020: Hussain Shahzad's O Pedro (Mumbai, will feature Indo-Portuguese Goan cuisine from Hussain and Chef partner Floyd Cardoz)
Requirements and Skills:
- Maintain a mastery of the proper table numbers, seat positions, and flow of service required of all FOH positions
- Maintain mental athleticism for coordination with Maitre D' and management team to gracefully show guests to their tables in an accurate manner
- Strong communication and listening skills to effectively deliver accurate messaging to both guests and teammates
- Have a desire to build a base knowledge and understanding of classic cookery, wine, beer, and cocktails
- Manage a ticketless coat check system
- Maintain accurate knowledge on hours of operation, relevant service and facility information, and upcoming events at the restaurant
- Have a general knowledge and understanding of Department of Health (DOH) food safety standards
- Derives pleasure from providing hospitality
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent Emotional Self Awareness under pressure while maintaining a graceful, warm presence.
- Curious Intelligence to continue learning in the position
- Open availability and a career mentality
Opportunities for career growth within Union Square Hospitality Group
- Benefits package includes medical/dental/vision, paid time off, and matching 401K and more!
- Access to USHG Learning and Development Training and Enrichment opportunities