Principal Software Architect (AWS)
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Provide technnical leadership, oversight on design, development and implementation of our application using AWS technologies and capabilities
- Hands-on engagement for POC’s
- Architect our production systems in AWS with performance, auto-scaling, monitoring, alerting and cost of operations in mind
- Develop and maintain a cost model for AWS deployments, look for cost optimization opportunities, setup accounts, budgets, alerts etc
- Design and implement a migration path for our existing datacenter environments considering load balancing, networking, multi-AZ deployment, VPC’s security policies and geographical disaster recovery
- Design auto-healing and monitoring systems in our new AWS environment
- Communicate effectively between Development, DevOps and CloudOps teams to enable delivering our software to production
- Mentor and help both developers and operations teams in all AWS topics
- Node.js, Java, React/Redux, GitHub
- Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Jenkins, Ansible
- AWS services – ELB, RDS, S3, Lambda, SQS, Kinesis, etc.
- SQL (Postgres), NoSQL (Cassandra, Elasticsearch)
- High-volume messaging – Kafka, RabbitMQ, SQS and Stream processing
- REST, JSON Schema, GraphQL
- Newrelic, splunk
Skills & Qualifications:
- BS or equivalent in Computer Sciences or related degree
- AWS Solutions Architect-Professional certification or equivalent experience as architect with production-grade AWS environments
- 10+ years of experience with software engineering projects
- 5+ years of experience with designing service oriented and micro-services based application architecture and development practices such as Continuous integration, Continuous deployment
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with setting up and running AWS Production environments across multiple AZ’s, multiple geographies, IAM roles, Route53, ELB’s, VPC peering etc.
- Hands on experience with AWS technologies like EC2, S3, Redshift, RDS, Kenisis, Lambda, Glue, etc.
- Strong understanding of Linux systems, networking concepts, application troubleshooting
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.