Senior DevOps Engineer
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Design and create software delivery and deployment pipelines using Groovy code and shared libraries.
- Help developers deliver their code to production (pipelines, code quality, Github magic, etc).
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals to help smooth the tight release deadlines.
- Work closely with developers and QA teams to understand how to improve their processes and deliver high quality software more effectively.
- Hands-on development with Ansible, terraform, and Python scripting languages.
- Help monitor and troubleshoot both development and production environments.
- Communicate the work done clearly and concisely; help developers and other teams understand the code developed with the goal of becoming self-sufficient.
- Platforms: Kubernetes, AWS, New Relic, ES, Redis, Kibana,
- Delivery: Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform and custom tools
- Data: PostgreSQL, Kafka, Cassandra, Redis,
- Programming: NodeJS, Groovy/Java, Python and Shell-scripting
- Enterprise tools: GitHub Enterprise, Slack Enterprise, Jira, Confluence
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in software operations (Continuous integration, Continuous deployment, development tools, and release processes).
- Hands on experience with Jenkins Pipelines using Docker containers as artifacts.
- Hands on experience with configuration and automation tools. Preferable Terraform and Ansible.
- Experience with data-driven software and application troubleshooting using monitoring and collection tools such as New Relic, Splunk, ELK, kubectl, etc.
- Experience getting the developer’s code from inception to production ready in collaboration with Agile development teams and infrastructure hosting teams.
- Experience deploying multi-tier software architecture in virtual infrastructure (Kubernetes and AWS).
- Strong understanding of Linux systems and networking concepts.
- Strong understanding and experience with web SaaS architecture.
- Familiarity with Agile development tools like Git and JIRA.
- Familiar with at least one programming language other than bash scripting.
- BS in Computer Sciences or related degree desired.
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.