Make an impact as a Catering and Event Sales Manager at Blue Smoke!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
Since opening Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has grown into an innovative family of food and hospitality businesses including fine dining restaurants, museum cafes, casual dining eateries, and Union Square Events.
Founded 15 years ago, Blue Smoke has emerged as a culinary and operations leader within the hospitality and BBQ industry. Through collaborations with a diverse portfolio of Pit Masters across the country, Blue Smoke has established itself as a leader in the city and a stomping ground for like-minded professionals. We carry out one-of-a-kind catered events and enjoyable dining experiences within a variety of corporate and entertainment venues throughout New York City.
The Catering and Event Sales Manager is responsible for selling full-service catered events in accordance with the USHG Enlightened Hospitality standards. In addition to managing client relationships, this position leads communication on internal production for food, beverages and service for events.
As a valued member of our team, your compensation will include the following benefits:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Meet or exceed monthly Blue Smoke Catering sales budget goals.
- Manage all client communications relating to the sale and production of events on a daily basis, ensuring the highest quality experience for clients is consistently delivered.
- Manage all internal communications relating to the production of event, while meeting weekly deadlines for completion of food, beverage, Blue Smoke equipment and rental equipment orders.
- Ensure rigorous knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies and procedures.
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Strong Computer Skills (Microsoft Office and CaterXpert preferred)
- Strong understanding of BBQ and regional beverage
- Wine, Beer and Spirits knowledge
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent Experience
- TIPS Certification
- NYC Food Handler’s Certificate