· Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and operation of the system.
· Managing cases, requests and enhancements using tools and processes
· Providing a high level of service to our customers and adhering to our strict SLAs for response and restoration times
· Addressing Customer requests adhering change management policy
· Incident handling with a goal to restore the service in the least possible downtime.
· Remote administration of Servers.
· Troubleshooting of issues related to Linux/Unix/CentOS, Windows and VMware servers/Infrastructure.
· Optimizes system availability, security, and performance.
· Perform all backups, fixing backup failures and recovery for the hosted environment.
· Provide backend support for the systems to internal Customer Support staff
· Monitor system performance and capacity; provide input for needed expansion or alternative configurations to support additional storage, database capacity, or web server capacity needs.
· Respond to customer requests for program loads, and system customization specific to SumTotal System’s industry leading product(s).
· Experience in managing applications and server administration.
· Previous experience dealing with support cases or requests via e-mail, telephone and in person
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Practical experience of Windows Server, SQL Server, Linux Server, IIS
· Knowledge on MYSQL, Mongo DB technologies is an Add-On.
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Excellent customer service skills
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law