Content Specialist II - Writer – FTE
Job Title Content Specialist II - Writer
Primary Function • Must be passionate about advancing learning experience
• Design solutions and content that enables acquisition of knowledge in a user-friendly way
• Drive design to execution by writing content in the form of storyboards
• Write accessible content as and when required by the projects.
Leadership • Lead the projects rather than manage the projects
Writing • Write/ Create instructional end goals and write/create/update content that matches them
• Write engaging learning activities and compelling course content
• Validate content approach with subject matter experts to meet target audience’s training needs
• Write/Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product
• Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
• Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.)
• Devise modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the course
• Maintain project documentation and course folders
Accessibility Writing • Write AD- Audio Descriptions for Skillsoft library content for making it accessible to people with different learning styles and abilities.
• Caption Validation and ensuring captions match the video/audio
• AD – Audio description Writing and review to ensure compliance with Skillsoft standards and guidelines
• Create/Edit transcript using Skillsoft tools and standards.
Communication • Ability to listen, to be clear and ensure you’re understood.
• Effectively convey vision, ideas, goals, and issues—as well as produce data driven reports and presentations
Others • Compliance with company policies and procedures
• May be required to work on once-off projects/initiatives or ongoing project work as required or other duties, responsibilities, and special projects as assigned from time to time
Must have • Minimum 4 years of experience in Instructional design and writing for US content/ audience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
• Experience in Proofreading or editorial tasks.
Nice to have • Experience in technical writing will be an advantage.
• Excellent communication (excellent written and verbal skills), influencing and presentation skills, with excellent attention to detail.
• Demonstrated capability for problem solving, decision making, sound judgment, assertiveness
• A bachelor’s degree is essential
• Proficiency in English is essential