Make a meaningful impact as a Bar Apprentice at Manhatta!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
We are looking for an intelligent, curious, confident, detail oriented, organized and thoughtful individual who exemplifies USHG’s core Family Values of Hospitality, Excellence, Entrepreneurial Spirit, and Integrity. The ideal candidate is a recent grad with some restaurant experience and has the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, non-stop environment. This candidate is able work independently as well as part of a larger team, is adept at prioritizing tasks and loves solving problems. The ability to be strategic, flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient is in your DNA, and demonstrates superior written and verbal communication skills.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
At the heart of this position is a passion to better understand and learn beverage operations. This position works hand in hand with the Beverage Director, and Bar Team, with the bulk of each day spent learning cellar organization, production, ordering and receiving, along with some project-based work with the beverage teams.
We are asking for a 1-year commitment with potential for growth within USHG businesses after the completion of the internship. The position is paid hourly based on 40 hours per week and includes full benefits.