Union Square Events is seeking a Retail bar manager for the Shed event space!
The Retail Bar Manager oversees and assists in the setup, service, and
breakdown of Union Square Events’ mobile retail bar business at The Shed. This
position serves as a company ambassador and representative tasked with
maintaining a culture of Enlightened Hospitality, while ensuring Union Square
Events delivers on excellent product and service. The Retail Bar Manager is
responsible for consistent and clear communication with staff at The Shed about
retail bar operations and maintaining internal calendars.
Oversee daily set up, operation and close out of Retail Bars, including management of hourly staff.
- Be an active presence through daily cycle of set up, operation and close out, ensuring that brand integrity and hospitality are being executed at the highest level
- Perform required routine administrative functions during service (Toast POS, accounting, comps, voids, etc.)
- Oversee daily cash and inventory reconciliations for Retail Bar operations
- Work with Operations Manager, The Shed, to ensure all equipment is properly handled, maintained and stored
- Be a continual representative of our company to ensure performance meets USE & USHG brand standards
- Revise and update standard operating procedures with Operations Manager, The Shed, related to specific operations through observation, customer feedback, and feedback from The Shed
- Foster a productive working relationship between USE and its external partners through active dialogue and annual initiatives
Make certain Mobile Retail Bar operations remain profitable
- Participate in P&L meetings the second Friday of the accounting period
- Collaborate with Controller to constantly adapt our accounting system to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting
- Maintain proper inventory controls, ordering procedures, and costing analysis while working closely with Operations Manager, The Shed
- Participate in weekly operational meetings with Associate Director of Operations & Catering in person to discuss venue specific initiatives, issues, and solutions
Continuously build a high-performance team
- Hire and train according to USE standards for hospitality and excellence
- Facilitate the Onboarding and training process for all new direct-report employees
- Provide continuous training and leadership to develop and grow team
- Train Retail Bar bartenders on new procedures to assist them in successful service
- Standardize all training materials in USE. Work with Associate Director of Operations & Catering and People and Operations Manager, USE to review and refresh training materials.
- Nurture the culture of Enlightened Hospitality
- Work with USHG HR/Training Department on startup periods and as needed to achieve consistent and thorough training.
Ensure rigorous knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies and procedures
- Adhere to all USE policies, including those that pertain to personal appearance, attendance and conduct
- Complete all assigned administrative requirements efficiently, accurately and on time
- Remain current and compliant with the correct HR/DOL practices and policies
- Ensure that the Payroll process is completed accurately, on time and according to business/accounting procedures.
- Ensure NYC Department of Health compliance as it pertains to the operation
- Hold employees accountable to all standards and practices, evaluating and/or following proper disciplinary procedures when necessary