Be the first in making a meaningful impact as a Restaurant Manager at Maialino Mare at the Thompson Hotel in DC!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
Maialino Mare is a Roman-style trattoria with an emphasis on seafood pastas and whole-grilled fish—a coastal sister to the original Maialino restaurant opened in New York City in 2009. Sourced from its local family of farmers and fishers, Maialino Mare uses quality, seasonal ingredients throughout the menu, complemented by a robust Italian wine list and beautiful, rustic desserts. Maialino Mare is located on the ground floor of the Thompson Hotel Washington, D.C., and is accessible from street level, serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. The restaurant offers private dining and seasonal outdoor seating.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Ensure excellent direction in the standards and practices of service
- Maintain high performance and profitability while maintaining overall excellence & hospitality throughout each day’s specific service periods.
- Ensure rigorous knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies and procedures
- Continuously build a high performance team
What You Bring to the Table:
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- At least one year of management experience in the related field of HR
- Previous experience in hospitality/service focused industry preferred
- Knowledge of human resources best practices and DC employment law
- Ability to exercise discretion with confidential and personal information
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task effectively with an outstanding attention to detail
- Strong communication and planning skills
- Experience in working on large projects with several stakeholders
- Excellent Understanding of Excel, Word, Outlook etc.
- Language: English fluency required; Spanish knowledge is a plus