Be the first in making a meaningful impact as a Restaurant Manager at the Thompson Hotel in DC!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
Join us on a new exciting opening and be the first at managing a full-service restaurant inside the riverfront Thompson Hotel in DC.
The?Restaurant Manager?will work closely with the restaurant management team and service staff to uphold the standards of Enlightened Hospitality, while working in tandem with our Sous Chef and Back of House team to execute a seamless service and guest experience.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Ensure excellent direction in the standards and practices of service?
- Ensure high performance and profitability while maintaining overall excellence & hospitality throughout each day’s specific service periods
- Continuously build a high-performance team
What You Bring to the Table:
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- At least 3+ years of operations/culinary experience in hospitality
- Ability to identify opportunities throughout the operation, leading with solutions and proposals
- Superior organizational acumen, prioritizing time and tasks with optimum efficiency
- Ability to plan, organize, direct and delegate, and follow through, holding team(s) accountable
- Superior communication skills (verbal/oral/listening)
- Proficiency with Restaurant Technologies and applications (Microsoft Office/POS/Avero)
- NYC DOHMH Food Protection Certificate holder
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Food Handlers Certificate (preferred)