Be the first in making a meaningful impact as a Restaurant Manager at the Thompson Hotel in DC!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The People Operations Manager for Union Square Events will ensure compliance and accurate administration for all Union Square Events businesses while consistently understanding and applying HR and employment laws, company policies and best practices. This role will collaborate with Business leadership to manage and streamline the openings and closings of seasonal venues and new businesses. This manager will directly support employees by connecting them to resources that support and enhance their experience as an employee of Union Square Hospitality Group.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Act as the HR project manager
- Ensure HR compliance and administration for business and guarantee that the staff have a consistent and compliant onboarding experience
- Partner with Hiring Managers to strategically anticipate staffing needs & effectively recruit and hire team members who are Family Values aligned
- Lead ongoing training and development processes
What You Bring to the Table:
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- At least one year of management experience in the related field of HR
- Previous experience in hospitality/service focused industry preferred
- Knowledge of human resources best practices and DC employment law
- Ability to exercise discretion with confidential and personal information
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task effectively with an outstanding attention to detail
- Strong communication and planning skills
- Experience in working on large projects with several stakeholders
- Excellent Understanding of Excel, Word, Outlook etc.
- Language: English fluency required; Spanish knowledge is a plus