Be the first in making a meaningful impact as a Chef de Cuisine at Maialino Mare at the Thompson Hotel in DC!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
Maialino Mare is a Roman-style trattoria with an emphasis on seafood pastas and whole-grilled fish—a coastal sister to the original Maialino restaurant opened in New York City in 2009. Sourced from its local family of farmers and fishers, Maialino Mare uses quality, seasonal ingredients throughout the menu, complemented by a robust Italian wine list and beautiful, rustic desserts. Maialino Mare is located on the ground floor of the Thompson Hotel Washington, D.C., and is accessible from street level, serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. The restaurant offers private dining and seasonal outdoor seating.
An integral member of the USHG leadership in Washington DC, this position must lead, inspire and embody our Family Values and our philosophy of Enlightened Hospitality in all interactions with our people, guests, vendors and the community.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Ensure the culinary excellence of the restaurant
- Guide the entire back of house in upholding the excellence and efficiency of the business operations
- Oversee the excellence of the back of house team
- Ensure that business is aligned to burnish the brand promise while achieving desired profitability
- Guarantee that the brand remains compelling and focused
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- 10+ years of running and successful multi-concept businesses
- Proficient knowledge of systems and processes in food cost management
- Strong financial acumen
- Ability to lead and empower a team
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s degree
- English fluency and Spanish preferred