Make an impact as a Production Sous Chef at Union Square Events!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
As a member of Union Square Events, you will be responsible for high-volume food production for our catered events. The position requires a wide range of food knowledge and an understanding of producing food for all types of off-site special events.
As a valued member of our team, your compensation will include the following benefits:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Executes and supervises food production while maintaining a high standard of quality
- Coordinates kitchen staff and resources according to production needs
- Organizes production planning for a large variety of menus
- Assists in hiring, development, training and mentoring staff
- Oversees off-site execution of special events and event team
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Have 2+ years of experience as a Sous Chef
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- BOH Purchasing, Inventory, and Scheduling experience
- Available to work nights and weekends
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.