Make a meaningful impact as an Events Manager at Manhatta!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The Events Manager is an operations-focused member of the Manhatta team. Their primary responsibilities include planning, production, and administration of events. The Manager will be the main venue contact for clients once a contract has been signed and handed over from the Sales team. They will spearhead the planning process to ensure that the client’s vision is successfully executed, which will include coordination with BOH, the operations team, and supervision of FOH employees. This position serves as a company ambassador tasked with maintaining a culture of Enlightened Hospitality and creating an unparalleled experience for guests and teammates.
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Manage all client communications relating to the production of events on a daily basis, ensuring the highest quality experience for clients is consistently delivered
- Manage all internal communications relating to the production of events, while meeting weekly deadlines for completion of food, beverage, Manhatta equipment and rental equipment orders
- Communicate with client regarding menus, event floorplans, timelines, insurance, permitting, and rental equipment requirements
- Arrange for and attend planning site visits, walk-throughs and tastings as needed
- Create BEOs, Staff Orders, Beverage, Alcohol, Equipment and Disposable Orders, and Invoices, ensuring that weekly deadlines are met
- Participate in weekly BEO meetings to review menus, logistics, special requests, VIPs and greater context for upcoming events
- Oversee event set-up and service day of as needed
- Oversee completion and sending of invoices and allocations to Accounting Department
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- 3-5 years of Venue event planning experience
- Wine, Beer and Spirits knowledge
- Previous Management experience in large-scale, fast-paced environments
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Strong Computer Skills (Microsoft Office and CaterXpert preferred)