Make an impact as a Floor Manager at Blue Smoke at JFK Airport!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
Collaborating with the General Manager and Culinary Team, managers lead the team at Blue Smoke and manage all facets of the Front of House operations of the restaurant. Our managers help to build a better brand with the best management and staff by constantly improving our food and service with a focus on our partners and guests while providing unparalleled hospitality. This position requires flexibility and a wide range of hospitality, service and business acumen. Managers embody, inspire and teach skills that will elevate the core values of Union Square Hospitality Group.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional management experience
- BBQ and beverage knowledge
- Service training and development experience
- An understanding of Department of Health Food Safety Standards
- Purveyor relationships
- Staff education
- FOH Full Service/Casual Dining experience
- Superior communication skills (verbal/oral/listening)
- Proficiency with Restaurant Technologies and applications (Microsoft Office/POS/Avero)
- NYC DOHMH Food Protection Certificate holder
- Excellent Dining Room and Facilities Operations Knowledge
- Proficient in Restaurant Financial Knowledge (P&L /Budget/Food & Labor Costs)
- Understanding of HR Practices/Policies/Procedures Excellent Communication Skills (verbal/oral/listening)
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.