SumTotal Systems is seeking a self-motivated and energetic Quality Assurance Engineer Sr. The right candidate must be a team player with strong communication skills and be comfortable working in a fast paced environment. He or she should enjoy working alone and with technical resources and project leaders as we test our enterprise software applications. This position requires the QA Engineer to hit the ground running with focus on some manual testing, but mostly the creation of automated or performance tests.
Duties & Responsibilites
- Work closely within the team and across teams, this may require working with remote team(s).
- Review functional requirements and identify test cases.
- Develop and execute test plans.
- Identify, evaluate and document issues with appropriate priority and severity.
- Understand the functionality of the entire product and provide recommendations for enhancements.
- Review software changes to define effective automation or performance test cases and resolve testing gaps.
- Create and maintain automation or performance testing scripts.
- Review automation or performance testing results, report issues and work with other teams to resolve defects in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with virtual machines and testing enviroments..
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain scripts that integrate automation and Jenkins.
- Investigate and implement initiatives and tools to improve automation and performance processes and efficiency.
- Ability to maintain test servers to support customer test environments.
Experience and Qualification :
BE/BTech/ME/MTech in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline preferred
- 5+ years expierence in Software Testing or Quality Assurance Role.
- 3+ years experience developing automation or performance testing scripts.
- Experience using JIRA a plus.
- Experience using Sahi Pro, Selenium, Automation Anywhere, Jmeter or LoadRunner.
- Experience working on large, complex software projects.
- Candidate should be able to provide technical leadership for automation or performance testing.
- Self motivated, excellent communication skills, detail oriented, confident, quick learner, critical thinker.
- Enjoys multi-tasking on a daily basis.
- Ability to drive change to improve processes.
- Technical experience with object-oriented methodologies, web technologies, distributed systems and database design, including: Microsoft .NET (C#, XML, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, WCF, etc.), C++, HTML, CSS, xPath.