Make a meaningful impact as a Pizza Supervisor at Union Square Events!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
We are seeking an experienced pizza maker to join our Citi Field concession team and oversee the overall prep and production within our pizza concept, Papa Rosso.
These are seasonal, high-volume hourly food service positions and our ideal candidates are not only enthusiastic, but highly motivated and passionate about hospitality, food and beverage. You will work with the Union Square Events team at Citi Field, home of the New York Mets.
- Oversee overall prep and production of pizzas.
- 1 + year previous pizza production experience
- Knowledge of concession-style food, service, and beverage programs
- Knowledge of basic cooking techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes days, nights and weekends
- Must be able to work long hours and be on your feet for a majority of your work day
- Lifting requirements range from 10-50lbs
- Must be able to stand, reach with arms and hands, bend and stoop, kneel and crouch more than 75% of the time
- Must be able to work in environments with fluctuating temperatures
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- NYC DoHaMH Qualifying Certificate in Food Protection