Make a meaningful impact as a Pastry Cook at Daily Provisions!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The Pastry Cook brings a passion for excellence, genuine warmth and a desire to succeed through teamwork. Our brand of hospitality strikes a perfect balance between “going out” and “coming home”, for guests and staff alike. Be part of this dynamic, multi-faceted, neighborhood cafe!
As a valued member of our team, your compensation will include the following benefits:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Product Knowledge
- Baking and Pastry skillset
- Culinary training degree and/or NYC restaurant experience as a Pastry Cook
- Knowledge of baking ingredients and fundamental procedures
- Ability to thrive in a fast pace and diverse environment
Daily Provisions will proudly operate under Hospitality Included, USHG’s non-tipping pay structure and career progression model. Hospitality Included acts to close the wage disparity between the BOH and FOH, while keeping the FOH whole. Hospitality Included provides a career progression model that activates growth levels within each position, for our team members to advance both financially and professionally.