About the company
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning – we train more professionals than any other company in the World, over 400 million learners and currently supporting more than 6000 customers including more than half the Fortune 500! We have recently released our next generation SaaS platform solution – Percipio, the industry’s first immersive eLearning platform. This is the realization of our vision that brings together technology and product to build the most beautiful product possible. You will be working with us to extend our vision and enhance and improve our product.
Position Overview / Job Summary
This Director position will be in a hands-on role, responsible for building high performance architect team and will provide overall architectural leadership for different teams operating from Hyderabad . This role will also help us lead the innovation team, to produce solutions that helps us achieve our longer term strategic vision.
Our Work Place
• Experienced team with strong autonomy
• Pair programming, code reviews, test-driven development (TDD)
• Spotify Agile Framework, Scrum, DevOps.
• Access to online learning materials
• Java, NodeJs, Ruby, React / Redux
• Postgres, Redis, Cassandra, Elasticsearch
• Mac / Linux, Docker, Kubernetes
• CI/CD, Jenkins
• GitHub Enterprise, Slack, Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence)
- Help us build and develop a high performance architecture team in Hyderabad to drive the software product development.
- Hands-on architectural leadership that provides technology support for multiple agile teams operating from Hyderabad and also provide oversight on design, development and implementation for our award winning e-learning product.
- Build a spirit of collaboration and cooperation with peers and leadership across Hyderabad and US teams.
- Is responsible for the implementation of best-of-breed technologies that align with technical design standards/architecture (for integrated process, applications, data and technology), business plans and long term strategy.
- Lead/Drive/Guide team of senior architects and also provide leadership support for our newly formed innovation team.
- Ownership mindset and consistent delivery on commitments.
- Lead POCs to create breakthrough solutions, performing exploratory and targeted data analyses.
- Collaborate and partner with rest of the technology peers across the globe, product management and leadership team to produce innovative solutions and also drive company's strategic goals.
- Makes recommendations to improve operational processes relative to efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provides input and organizational context to major architectural designs to ensure consistency, maintainability and flexibility with respect to overall system.
- Drive staffing management including hiring exceptional candidates, career planning, mentoring, and performance management.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 15+ years of software engineering development experience in cloud based enterprise solutions.
- 5+ years of experience managing technology, platform strategy & software engineering.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills to work with all levels of organization and must be self-motivated.
- Strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Experience operating and scaling high-volume, multi-tier integrated complex enterprise applications.
- Hands-on experience in developing JAVA based enterprise applications with Micro services based architecture deployed in AWS.
- Strong experience with Node.js or related technologies, React JS or related technologies, containerization and Mobile development using hybrid technologies.
- Good understanding about performance of applications and how to design and tune with such considerations.
- Ability and experience to interact and drive product discussions with business owners , customer facing groups or customers directly
- Excellent communication, problem solving & debugging skills
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- You should also be
- A detailed doer
- An innovator and creative problem-solver
- A customer advocate
- A life-long learner