Premier Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Manager, APAC
The Technical Support Engineer will play a critical role in providing technical assistance for SumTotal’s Premier Support customer base. As a member of SumTotal Customer Support, Technical Support Engineers provide real-time technical support on SumTotal Enterprise products through e-mail and phone interactions with customers and by using SumTotal's internal incident tracking system. The fundamental goal of this position is to help our customers achieve success using our products. The job involves handling and resolving technical queries and issues in the areas of product functionality or architecture and defect correction. The position is responsible for maintaining a high and personalised quality of customer support with our strategic customer base, being aware of the breadth of SumTotal’s service and solution offerings and identifying opportunities that bring the customer’s objectives and SumTotal’s solutions together for mutual benefit.
- Develop a deep knowledge of SumTotal’s range of enterprise products.
- Develop a deep knowledge of assigned customer’s products and business objectives.
- Communicate with corporate customers via telephone and email regarding technically complex problems identified in SumTotal’s software products and maintaining effective customer relations.
- Solve user problems, ranging in complexity from basic to technically complex, including software functionality problems and questions; data communication/networking troubleshooting; installation problems and questions; and OS and browser related issues.
- Partner with cross-functional teams on complex customer issues and ensure root cause is resolved.
- Escalate and facilitate top priority, production-critical issues to the appropriate teams for resolution.
- Maintain ownership of issues until resolution, drive internal teams in support of solution needs and customer timelines around cases.
- Resolve incidents providing ongoing communication to customers during issue resolution process as per SLA’s.
- Create and publish internal and customer-facing knowledge base documentation to enhance customer engagement with SumTotal’s self-service options.
- Serve as a customer advocate within the SumTotal organisation.
- Ensure customers are able to execute their business objectives through use of our application.
- Assist Account team with case prioritisation to ensure a successful go-live of new premiere customers
- Provide, both internally and externally, customer reporting on case trends and contract compliance.
- Identify, document and maintain required technical customer specific documentation to effectively support customer solution.
- Develop and maintain detailed meeting notes and action plans for supported customers, including internal and external executive level summary reports.
- Maintain a detailed level of case notes in Salesforce.
- Participates in quarterly customer reviews.
- Post-secondary education in the Engineering / Sciences or a Post graduate degree in Computer Sciences; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Technical and practical expertise in Windows 2000 Server, IIS, ASP, .Net, SQL Server or Oracle.
- Proficiency in the Korean language would be highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience with Enterprise-level solutions or use of technology in a business context.
- Ability to communicate effectively to varying levels within an organisation.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to grow and work in a team.
- Must be adaptable and have a strong disposition to learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work as required and within time zones suitable for the APAC and Korean market.
- Customer Focused – personally demonstrated that both external and internal customers are a high priority by identifying and responding to their needs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Initiative – Recognises opportunities and initiates actions to capitalise on them by looking for a new and productive ways to make an impact.
- Innovative Thinking – Embraces and champions new ideas and encourages others to do likewise.
- Building Organisational Commitment – Demonstrates commitment, loyalty and appreciation for the organisation. Conveys a high-level of concern for all employees, while helping to ensure that both their needs and those of the organisation are met.