Cloud Application Engineer Lead
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? Can you work independently and lead a team of professionals? Can you collaborate with other teams and reach agreement that benefits the business? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Lead a team of Cloud Operations professionals.
- Assist with the operations, support, availability, documentation, design, recoverability and maintenance of technology solutions in a Hosted environment.
- Define and document the configuration and resource requirements of various technology solutions covering: architecture, backup, DR, performance tuning, scalability, security, capacity planning, systems integrations.
- Refine operational procedures.
- Work collaboratively with development organizations and vendors to define best practices and determine appropriate technology choices.
- Work collaboratively with other teams to diagnose/resolve performance/stability issues.
- Introduce and identify training for department personnel on new technologies and/or architectures.
- Maintain SLAs and performance benchmarks of cloud solutions.
- Lead and mentor team of similarly skilled individuals in all facets.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- A minimum of seven years’ experience supporting Windows and Redhat systems
- 2+ years’ experience leading and building a strong and effective team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience supporting 7x24 environments is a strong asset
- Advanced understanding of operational challenges in a 7x24 environment
- Experience in the support of enterprise hosted systems strongly desired
- Experience working in an Agile environment and the adoption of DevOps culture
- Experience with CI/CD principles, methodologies and tools.
- Advanced knowledge of Internet networking technologies (TCP/IP, web servers, proxy servers, firewalls, etc.)
- Advanced understanding of Microservices Architecture
- Expert-level proficiency with Windows and Linux (RHEL, CentOS) based operating systems
- Extensive experience administering container technology solutions (Docker, Kubernetes and Openshift)
- Familiarity with the concepts, benefits and challenges of data related services such as Kafka, Cassandra, Elastic Search, Redis, Gluster and RabbitMQ
- Experience analyzing web/network captures (Fiddler, Wireshark, etc.)
- Familiarity with system administration automation tools, scripting languages and desired state configuration tools. (Ansible, Postgres SQL, YAML)
- Familiarity with editing tools and source control integration. (JBoss, Dev Studio, Git, Visual Studio Code)
- Experience in the support of enterprise hosted systems strongly desired. (VMware)
- Experience with application troubleshooting and troubleshooting tools. (New Relic, Splunk, WireShark)
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; and ability to perform under significant pressure.
- Self-directed work habits, applied with creativity, resourcefulness and a sense of personal responsibility.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Ability to think strategically and plan for innovation/change; flexibility/adaptability.
- Excellent listening skills.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.